Covid-19 Safety Plan
Savoy Dance and SwingTrain Canberra have developed this COVID-19 Safety Plan to ensure the on-going safety and comfort of our students and teachers. Working together, we look forward to dancing in a fun, enjoyable and safe environment.
- For our first month we will ONLY be doing solo classes while we wait for further direction and advice from the government and health officials.
- Any students feeling unwell, we ask that you stay home and not attend class.
- Students must sanitise hands upon entry and exit of the studio. Sanitising stations are available at the entry of each studio.
- Masks will be available to purchase for those who would feel more comfortable wearing them. We will also be running 55 minute classes in order to allow some time for the air to clear in between classes.
- Students are to store their belongings safely. Students will be asked to place their belongings under chairs and in shelves provided in each studio, so they do not create a trip hazard.
Keeping in touch
- We will be taking down attending student names and contact details to be able to keep in touch should we need to alter the class structure/timetable and communicate vital health information. We will not use these details for marketing purposes unless you give us permission to do so.
- If you have contracted COVID-19, you must please let us know. We are concerned about everyone’s health and would like to know if you are unwell. We may also have to let our community know if they have been potentially exposed.
- Please maintain 1.5m physical distance from each other, in and out of class. We will monitor the maximum occupancy rates of each venue.
Restrictions on attendance numbers
- Savoy Dance Griffin Centre studio space allows a maximum of 25 (including teachers).
- Savoy Dance All Saints small hall space allows a maximum of 6 (including teachers).
- SwingTrain Canberra Kmotion Dance Studio space allows a maximum of 10 (Including instructor).
- Only students will be permitted to enter the studio spaces. Any observers are invited to watch a class from outside the studio through the glass walls/door of each studio to maximise the space available to dancers.
- Contactless payment has always been available and is the preferred method of payment, however cash will also be accepted.
- To minimise queuing on arrival, you are also welcome to pay in advance – please call the below number or email email@example.com
No sharing of equipment
- We encourage you to bring your own water bottles – no plastic water cups will be available at the front desk. A sink is available for water re-fill in our studios.
- You are welcome to bring your own stretching mats to SwingTrain – yoga style mats will not be provided in SwingTrain classes.
We are always happy to listen to your suggestions, so if you have ideas or questions on the above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0417 412 001.